Military Veteran? Become a Truck Driver with JTL!
We sincerely thank you for your prior service. We’re glad you’re considering a career as a professional truck driver. We think it’s a great fit for anyone who is moving from a career in the military.
We’ve trained hundreds of veterans and active duty servicemen and women in our 18-year history and we work closely with many carriers who are hiring now and value your prior experience. We’ve clearly seen veterans like you make excellent students and strong leaders in the classroom and out in the field. In fact, we’re proud to say that five of our own instructors are also veterans. Our shared values make JTL a great partner for you to earn your Class A CDL and your continued professional success!
Making the Decision
We know you have questions about truck driving as a career and we’re here to help. Give us a call or send a message to learn more about earning your class A CDL license. You can also review these topics below for more information.
what our grads think...
“I had an amazing experience here. I wouldn’t change a thing. All of my instructors were patient and took their time to teach things in a manner that was easy to grasp for someone like myself, with no trucking experience. I feel very prepared for a career in the industry."
“JTL was a great school. I came from the military. Your instructors are easy to work with. The sad part is I have to leave. The school was a blast."
In Nebraska alone, an estimated job rate growth of 15% is expected throughout 2022* and many other states report similar statistics. Check out these resources for more info:
- The median annual wage for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers was $40,260 in May 2015 (in NE). (source)
- Employment of heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers is projected to grow 5 percent from 2014 to 2024. (in NE) (source)
- Job prospects for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers with the proper training and a clean driving record are projected to be very good. (source)
- Many truck drivers are expected to retire in the coming years, creating even more job opportunities. (source)
- Transportation is projected to add 417,000 net jobs from 2012 to 2022 due to industry growth. Heavy truck drivers account for one-third of the projected total job openings among the top 20 transportation occupations. (source)
- Trucking has the largest number of projected job openings from 2012 to 2022. Combining growth and separations, over 2 million openings will need to be filled nationwide. (source)
- *Net Job Growth Rate of 15% in trucking expected from 2012 to 2022 in Nebraska. (source)
Life as a Class A CDL Driver
There are a wide range of driving jobs available to meet your needs. Some have you home weekly or even nightly. Other longer hauls are available for those that want to pursue that option. We can help you understand all your options and make sure you’re choosing a path that’s right for you.
We’ll also help you understand other aspects of life on the road. Chat with our experienced team today to find out if becoming a truck driver is a good fit for you.
Paying for Training
We’re a military friendly school. Our 160 hour Class A CDL course is approved for the GI Bill.® If you don’t qualify for assistance, there may be other options available. We want to help you reach your goals. Get in touch with our expert team to review each of your payment options.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/